Canned Chickpeas are tossed in miso, soy sauce, and sesame oil and to make miso roasted chickpeas, an easy and healthy Asian inspired snack.
Does anyone else get all sugared out after Christmas? First you have Thanksgiving where you eat a crazy amount of pie, and then you just don’t stop until Christmas is over. Or, well, at least that’s what I did… no? Just me?
Now I’m in this snacking mode, where I just want to eat food constantly because that’s all I did for the past month and a half. It takes me a few weeks to wind down from the holidays. In other words, I need some healthy snacks. Preferably not sweet (I’ve got fruit for that).
I’ve made miso roasted chickpeas several times. I go through phases, actually. I’ll buy 3 or more cans of chickpeas and then roast them one day after another because it’s yummy, but then I’m just DONE and tired of it for like, a few months… until I remember I like it and I go out and buy 3 more cans! And the cycle repeats itself.
In other words, tomorrow I’ll be eating chickpeas again, and probably the day after that.
Today I did one of my go-to’s. Miso, soy sauce, sesame oil. Savory and so flavorful! I love all three of these ingredients individually, and they work together wonderfully.
Not to mention, these miso roasted chickpeas are SO easy to make. Maybe it would be a fun snack to make with your kids? I know mine really enjoy eating it, although I haven’t let them help me make it yet (they are small, and such messy helpers). Maybe I’ll give them a chance tomorrow…
Miso Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas 15-16 oz
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T miso paste
- 1 T soy sauce
Order Supplies Online
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse.1 can chickpeas
- Dry completely by patting with paper towels and allowing to air dry for a few minutes. The chickpeas should be matte looking and dry to the touch.
- Combine sesame oil, miso paste, and soy sauce in a medium bowl until smooth.1 T sesame oil,1 T miso paste,1 T soy sauce
- Toss the chickpeas in the paste until evenly coated.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy, shaking the cookie sheet every 10 or so minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
1 thought on “Miso Roasted Chickpeas”
These are bomb af. THANK YOU!!